TOUR of the beer industry
This sightseeing tour of TOUR of the Brewing - a Successful Czech Industry
Plzeňský Prazdroj is designed mostly for underage visitors and school groups where the students are younger than 18 years old. During the tour, visitors will learn of the broader context of brewing in Czech industry and come to understand the role that Plzeňský Prazdroj plays in this sector.
Learn about historic craftsmanship associated with the brewing industry.The tour does not contain a presentation of the beer-producing process, tour of the bottling room, the brewhouse or beer tasting.
The route of the Brewing - a Successful Czech Industry:
- The tour starts at the Visitor Centre with an introduction to the history of brewing in Bohemia and continues with the famous story of Plzeňský Prazdroj.
- On the courtyard of the brewery, visitors can admire two cultural monuments – the Jubilee Gate and Water Tower.
- Visitors on this tour can have a look inside the otherwise inaccessible water tower.
- Another part of the tour includes the history of craftsmanship and in particular cooperage. Visitors will become brewery coopers and have the task of constructing a miniature brewing barrel in the cooper’s workshop. Coopers use the same method today to construct oak barrels as they did before.
- Next follows a narration about the history of transporting beer.
- Visitors are then guided to the Hall of Fame, where they can peruse through the most important and valuable exhibits from the history of the brewery associated with its founding and the successful development of the company.
- At the end of the tour visitors will pass through a labyrinth of cellars into the cool store, whereice was kept throughout the year during the past and where they will learn about craftsmanship connected to working with ice.
- During the program, students will be asked to complete Worksheets, answer questions, check with the guide for the correct answers, and afterward take it home as a keepsake.
The tour does not contain a presentation of the beer-producing process, tour of the bottling plant, the brewhouse or beer tasting.
- The Brewing tour can be undertaken only with a guide.
- A maximum of 50 people can join one group
- For individual reservations, there must be a minimum of 10 people in the group
- The tour is accessible by wheelchair
- The length of the tour is approximately 80 minutes
- We recommend warm clothing for visiting the cellars – the temperature is around + 8°C.
The language of the Brewing tour:
· For groups of 10 people or more with a reservation
- The tour is in Czech, English, German, and French
Times for the beer industry tour
· For groups of 10 people or more
- For groups of 10 people or more we provide tours booked in advance any time during the opening hours of the Visitor Centre.
Do not miss ...
TEODOR BUZU exhibition at the Brewery Museum
The aim of the exhibition, with the theme SOMETHING EXTRA, is to introduce the work of the Moldavian artist Teodor Buzu.
Pilsen as an open City
A symbolic entry fee for selected tour routes offered by Plzeňský Prazdroj.
Autumn inspiration in the Brewery Museum
Shelter from raw autumnal weather in the Brewery Museum and get a hands-on experience with various art techniques.