Tour of the Pilsner Urquell brewery for the public
Meet the legend of Pilsner Urquell
The history of the legendary Pilsner Urquell lager began in 1842 in the Pilsen brewery and since that time its fame has spread throughout the world, making it the inspiration for more than two-thirds of the beer produced in the world today, which are still called pils, pilsner, and pilsener.
The Pilsner Urquell brewery tour has shone on the independent tourist website TripAdvisor.com, having gained a prestigious award, the 2014 Certificate of Excellence. The tour among the top 10% of all rated tourist destinations worldwide.
What excitements await you during your tour of Pilsner Urquell:
- You will learn about the history and secrets behind making the legendary Pilsner Urquell lager
- You can see the actualspot in the brewery where Pilsner Urquell beer has been brewed since 1842
- We shall guide you through our modern bottling plant, with its capacity of 120,000 bottles per hour; a unique exposition on the ingredients we use; and the historic and modern Pilsner Urquell brewhouse
- The tour of the Pilsner Urquell brewery would not be complete without a visit to the historic brewery cellars, where you can taste unfiltered and unpasteurized Pilsner Urquell on tap straight from oak lager barrels (for those over 18 years old)
Notice forunderage visitors!If underage visitors are accompanied by a person older than 18 who is fully legally responsible (for example, a parent, teacher, guide, head of group), we will allow that person to take over responsibility of them, and the decision on which brewery tour to take such underage visitors on will be left up to that responsible person.
- Pilsner Urquell brewery tours can be undertaken only with a guide.
- A maximum of 50 people can join one group on a tour of the Pilsner Urquell brewery
- For individual reservations, there must be a minimum of 10 people in the group
- The tour of the Pilsner Urquell brewery is accessible by wheelchair
- We recommend warm clothing for touring the cellars: the temperature there is around + 8° C.
The language of Pilsner Urquell brewery tours:
· For individual visitors without a reservation we offer:
- tours in Czech, English, and German
- the film and exposition can be heard in Czech, English, and German
- Times for Pilsner Urquell brewery tours for individual visitors without a reservation>>
· For groups of 10 people or more with a reservation
- Languages: Czech, English, German, Russian, French, Spanish, and Italian
o the film and exposition can be heard in Czech, English, German, Russian, French and Chinese